![]() |
| The Monarch of Blood II: Sovereign of Scars — the final volume of The Monarch of Blood duology, releasing October 18, 2026. |
If you've been following the build-up over the past few weeks, you've already seen the title, the cover, and now the trailer.
So, with 18 October 2026 getting closer, I thought I'd put everything together in one place.
If you're new to the series, don't worry—I'll keep this completely spoiler-free.
So, what exactly is Sovereign of Scars?
The Monarch of Blood II: Sovereign of Scars is the second and final book in The Monarch of Blood duology.
The story continues with Cain Holt and Valentina Hayes, bringing their story toward its final chapter.
Since this is the conclusion of the duology, I don't want to say too much about where the story goes. Some things are better experienced rather than explained beforehand.
What kind of book is it?
Like the first book, Sovereign of Scars is rooted in psychological tension, complicated characters, and a darker atmosphere.
It's a story that continues to explore power, consequences, relationships, and the psychological side of its characters.
If you enjoyed the darker and more unsettling side of The Monarch of Blood, Book Two continues in that direction.
What does the title mean?
Sovereign of Scars is a title built around power and consequence.
The word sovereign suggests authority, control, and dominance, while scars suggest what remains after something has happened.
I won't explain the deeper meaning here because doing so would take away part of the experience. But the title is not simply there for style—it belongs to the story.
The cover and trailer
If the cover gives you the first impression of Sovereign of Scars, the trailer gives you a glimpse of its atmosphere.
The official trailer is now available, and you can watch it before the book's release.
Should you read Book One first?
Yes.
Since Sovereign of Scars is the second and final volume of the duology, I recommend reading the books in order:
- The Monarch of Blood
- The Monarch of Blood II: Sovereign of Scars
That way, you'll experience the characters and their story from the beginning.
When can you read it?
The Monarch of Blood II: Sovereign of Scars releases on 18 October 2026.
Pre-orders are now open if you'd like to reserve your copy before release day.
You can pre-order it here: Amazon
You can also find the book on Goodreads.
One last thing
I've deliberately avoided talking about the major events of the book here. This is the final volume, and I want readers to experience the story without knowing where everything is going.
What I can say is that Cain Holt and Valentina Hayes have one final story to tell.
And on 18 October 2026, you'll finally be able to read it.
